➢ Same-Day Retail Pharmacy Access
If your Patient Representative successfully enrolled you in PAP* over the phone, you can pick up your first prescription at a retail pharmacy for immediate access to your medicine(s).
You’ll need to bring your ViiV Healthcare Prescription for one (or two) 30-day supplies of medicine, if appropriate, to the pharmacy.
Over the next 30-60 days, your supporting documentation will be reviewed. Once you have been accepted into the ViiV Healthcare PAP, your medicine supply will arrive through the mail-order pharmacy as a 90-day supply if medically appropriate, and you or your Patient Representative will continue to receive it through mail order throughout the program. You will no longer be able to pick up your medicine at a retail pharmacy.
➢ Mail Order Pharmacy Access
ViiV Healthcare medicines supplied through PAP are typically mailed to you or your Patient Representative directly.
To receive your medicine by mail, we must receive and approve:
Completed and Signed Enrollment Form.
Signed Prescription. Signed original prescription(s) for ViiV Healthcare medicine written for a 90-day supply with refills, if medically appropriate. Copies of originals will not be accepted and will delay medicine shipment.
NOTE: Faxed prescriptions are only valid if they are faxed directly from a physician's office and accompanied by a fax cover sheet. Faxed prescriptions received from any other location will not be accepted and will delay medicine shipment.
Medicare Part D PAP Applicants Must Also Send†:
- A Copy of the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Card.
- Proof of Spend for $600. Under the Medicare Part D rules, you are required to show proof of spending $600 or more on out-of-pocket prescription expenses during the current calendar year.
- Proof-of-Spend documentation must meet the following criteria:
- Your name printed as part of the document. Handwritten names will not be accepted.
- All out-of-pocket prescription expenses must be itemized and total $600 or more for the current calendar year. This includes all the prescriptions you have filled in the current calendar year, not just ViiV Healthcare medicine(s).
- NOTE: Monthly insurance premiums, other medical expenses, and prescription expenses for your other household/family members do not count toward the $600 minimum Proof-of-Spend requirements.
- Acceptable Proof-of-Spend documentation includes:
- Most recent Explanation of Benefits from your Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan
- Printout from the pharmacy itemizing all prescription expenses for the current calendar year. Printouts must include itemized paid amounts.
- NOTE: If the pharmacy printout does not include all of your itemized, out-of-pocket prescription expenses, ViiVConnect can call your pharmacy to verify your total spend for the current calendar year is $600 or more – OR – your pharmacist can write in the itemized paid amounts, sign the printout, and include the pharmacy store number next to his/her signature.
†As a reminder, submitted prescriptions and/or enrollment documentation cannot be returned.
[ DECEMBER 2016 ]
➢ Prescription Refills
Refills are mailed at no cost for up to 12 months after your enrollment has been accepted into PAP.
If you are enrolled in PAP and need a prescription medicine refill, you or your Patient Representative can
- Order Refills Here or,
- Call ViiVConnect at 1-844-588-3288 (toll-free), Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 8 PM (ET).
Each refill must be requested at least 3 weeks before your existing supply of medicine is completed. Your prescription number is required each time a refill is requested. The prescription number can be found on the packing slip that comes with each shipment.
Phone enrollment by a patient representative allows non-Medicare Part D patients to receive up to two 30-day supplies of medicine through a retail pharmacy. If you need assistance past this period, you will receive refills for medicines through mail order, when requested.