➢ Same-Day Retail Pharmacy Access
If your patient's 'Patient Representative' successfully enrolled him/her in PAP over the phone, patients can pick up his/her first prescription at the retail pharmacy for immediate access to the ViiV Healthcare medication(s) you prescribed.
NOTE: Over the next 30-60 days, your patient's supporting documentation will be reviewed. Once your patient has been accepted into the ViiV Healthcare PAP, your patient's medication supply will arrive through the mail-order pharmacy as a 90-day supply if medically appropriate, and your patient or Patient Representative will continue to receive it through mail order throughout the program. Your patient will no longer be able to pick up his or her medication at a retail pharmacy.
➢ Mail Order Pharmacy Access
ViiV Healthcare medications supplied through PAP are typically mailed to you or your patient directly.
In order for your patient to receive ViiV Healthcare medications by mail, we must receive and approve:
Completed and Signed Enrollment Form.
Signed Prescription. Signed original prescription(s) for ViiV Healthcare medication written for a 90-day supply with refills, if medically appropriate. Copies of originals will not be accepted and will delay medication shipment.
NOTE: Faxed prescriptions are only valid if they are faxed directly from a physician's office and accompanied by a fax cover sheet. Faxed prescriptions received from any other location will not be accepted and will delay medication shipment.
Medicare Part D PAP Applicants Must Also Send*:
- A Copy of the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Card.
- Proof of Spend for $600. Under the Medicare Part D rules, PAP applicants are required to provide proof of spending $600 or more on out-of-pocket prescription expenses during the current calendar year.
- Proof-of-Spend documents must meet the following criteria:
- Patient’s name printed as part of the document. Handwritten names will not be accepted.
- All out-of-pocket prescription expenses must be itemized and total $600 or more for the current calendar year. This includes all prescriptions, not just ViiV Healthcare medication(s).
- NOTE: Monthly insurance premiums, other medical expenses, and prescription expenses for other household/family members do not count toward the $600 minimum Proof of Spend requirements.
- Acceptable Proof-of-Spend documentation includes:
- Most recent Explanation of Benefits from patient’s Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan.
- Printout from the pharmacy itemizing all prescription expenses for the current calendar year. Printouts must include itemized paid amounts.
- NOTE: If the pharmacy printout does not include itemized paid amounts for the prescription medication(s) listed, ViiVConnect can call the pharmacy to verify the patient’s total spend is $600 or more in out-of-pocket prescription expenses – OR – the pharmacist can write in itemized paid amounts, sign the printout, and include the pharmacy store number next to his/her signature.
*As a reminder, submitted prescriptions and/or enrollment documentation cannot be returned.
[ DECEMBER 2016 ]
➢ Prescription Refills
Refills are mailed at no cost for up to 12 months after your patient's enrollment has been accepted into PAP.
If your patient is enrolled in PAP and needs a prescription medication refill, you, your patient, or your patient’s Representative can
- Order Refills Here or,
- Call ViiVConnect at 1-844-588-3288 (toll-free), Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 8 PM (ET).
Each refill must be requested at least 3 weeks before your patient's existing supply of medication has been completed. Your patient's prescription number is required each time a refill is requested. The prescription number can be found on the packing slip that comes with each shipment.
If your patient enrolled by phone with the help of his/her Patient Representative and needs prescription assistance past the first 30-day period of the phone enrollment, he/she will receive refills for medication through mail order when requested.